Immune system disorders
Purpose of Assignment:
Apply knowledge and understanding of the pathophysiology of immune system disorders. Autoimmune disorders are generally considered the host attacking itself, which manifests in different types of disorders.
· Determine the cellular functions required to regulate homeostasis.
Identify a person you know who has an immune system disorder or cancer. Review content in your text for potential types of disorders.
Interview the affected person and write a 3-5 page pager identifying your findings including:
· Identify the pathophysiology of the immune system disorder
· Discuss the treatment for the immune system disorder
· Summarize the findings of the interview.
· Use at least one scholarly source to support your findings or identify therapies that may be new or different from what the affected person may be using. Examples of scholarly sources include academic journals, textbooks, reference texts, and CINAHL nursing guides. You can find useful reference materials for this assignment in the School of Nursing guide: https://guides.rasmussen.edu/nursing/referenceebooks
· Cite your sources in-text and on a References page using APA format. Have questions about APA? Visit the online APA guide: https://guides.rasmussen.edu/apa
1. Which immune system disorder do you have?
2. How long have you had this disorder?
3. How has this disorder changed your life (home and work)?
4. Are you able to carry out daily activities independently?
5. What therapies are you using to manage this disorder?
6. What, if any, side effects does the treatment have?
7. What therapies are you using to manage this disorder?
8. What, if any, side effects doe the treatment have?
9. Has this disorder changed your body?
10. Does this disorder have any emotional effects on you?
11. Have alternative therapies, such as Eastern medicine (acupuncture, herbal treatment, yoga) been tried or recommended?
|Levels of Achievement|
|Did not include a discussion on the pathophysiology of one immune system disorder.
Failure to provide pathophysiology will result in zero points for this criteria.
|Identify the pathophysiology of the one immune system disorder.||Identified the pathophysiology of one immune system disorder and included one example of how the disorder impacts the patient.||Identified the pathophysiology of one immune disorder and included multiple examples on how the disorder impacts the patient|
|Points: 6||Points: 8||Points: 9||Points: 10|
|Did not present treatment for immune system disorder.
Failure to provide treatment will result in zero points for this criteria.
|Provided treatment options for immune system disorder.||Provided treatment options with expected outcomes for the immune system disorder.||Provided detailed treatment options with expected outcomes for the immune system disorder.|
|Points: 12||Points: 16||Points: 18||Points: 20|
|Did not include interview discussion to show the client pathophysiology of the immune system disorder.
Failure to provide interview information will result in zero points for this criteria.
|The interview discussion presents the pathophysiology of the immune system disorder.||The interview discussion presents the pathophysiology of the immune system disorder and provides and one example.||The interview discussion shows the relationship between the clients with the pathophysiology of the immune system disorder and provides more than one detailed example.|
|Points: 9||Points: 12||Points: 14||Points: 15|
|APA/Spelling and Grammar
|Six or more APA, spelling or grammar errors. Detracts from the readability of the submission.||No more than five APA, spelling or grammar errors, minimally detracts from the readability of the submission.||No more than three APA, spelling or grammar errors. Does not detract from the readability of the submission.||No APA, spelling or grammar errors.|
|Points: 2||Points: 3||Points: 4||Points: 5|
|Points: 45||Points: 50|