In the article by Vaz, Volkert, and Piazza (2011) from this unit’s studies, an intervention was applied to address the negative reinforcement function of food refusal by a young boy. ( article is uploaded)
For this assignment:
- Describe your initial reaction to the intervention, especially regarding the use of escape avoidance strategies.
- Take the position that you oppose the intervention and explain why. Your rationale should specifically address any possible undesired side effects, as well as whether the intervention appeared to violate any ethical codes (www.BACB.com) ( Effective Treatment) (code of ethics is uploaded below)
- Take the position that you support the intervention and explain why. Your rationale should specifically address any possible benefits and the boy’s right to effective treatment.
- Revisit your initial reaction to the intervention. Do you still feel the same way, or has your examination of both sides influenced your reaction? Do you believe the intervention is in line with professional conduct standards? Explain.
Use your unit readings, professional codes of conduct, and other resources to support your positions.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Outline is uploaded
Other Assignment Requirements
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Format: Use current APA 6th edition style and formatting guidelines.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Length: 2–3 pages minimum, double-spaced.
- References: A sufficient number of scholarly sources.
Refer to The Ethics of Intervention for Food Refusal Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the grading criteria for this assignment.