· Your completed assignment will be a critical reflection paper based on the 5C Approach for Decision Making introduced in Chapter 1 of the textbook and explored in the Week 1 Discussion forum.
· To begin your assignment, please refer to the Chapter 3 Activity 1: What Are Your Aptitudes? Read through the aptitudes, definitions, and examples in the chart and complete the following questions adapted from the textbook.
1. Write two paragraphs about two experiences (1 paragraph per experience) in your life that you particularly enjoyed.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2. Reread your descriptions of each experience and decide which of the aptitudes shown in the chart named Activity 1: What Are Your Aptitudes? in Chapter 3 best represents each experience.
3. Complete a three-column chart of your own. List the aptitudes you identified in question 2 in the first column. In the second column, list the interests and experiences you have had that support your choice of aptitudes. In the third column, list the aptitudes you’d like to develop or improve.
4. Use the 5C process to identify how your aptitudes and abilities can guide your decisions about coursework and college experiences that will ultimately prepare you for your career.
§ First, state one of your aptitudes or abilities you wish to improve as a challenge that requires a choice. For instance, the statement shared in the text is “I want to perform before an audience.” This relates to Artistic Talent. Perhaps you want to improve your verbal communication or numerical skills.
§ Next, identify your choices—the courses, activities, or resources at DeVry that might provide you with that experience. For Artistic Talent, this might include joining the campus choir, volunteering at a school, auditioning for a play, or taking a class in dance. Your interests, aptitudes, and abilities naturally affect the choices you make, so tap into campus resources to identify choices to support the development of your chosen aptitudes.
§ What are the consequences of each option? That is, if you implement that option, what would be the benefits of it?
§ Which option would you choose?
§ How might you check the outcome of your choice?
Your completed assignment will be a critical reflection paper based on the 5C Approach for Decision Making introduced in Chapter 1 of the textbook and explored in the Week 1 Discussion forum.