Using the Scientific Method Lab
Establish a better understanding of photosynthesis and cellular respiration, and apply the scientific method to solve (or understand) a problem. Photosynthesis and respiration are reactions that complement each other in the environment. They are essentially the same reactions, but they occur in reverse. During photosynthesis, carbon dioxide and water yield glucose and oxygen. Through the respiration process, glucose and oxygen yield carbon dioxide and water. They work well together because living organisms supply plants with carbon dioxide, which undergoes photosynthesis and produces glucose, and these plants and bacteria give out oxygen, which all living organisms need for respiration.
Using the M.U.S.E. link, review the background information and animation to complete your report. Use the lab 1 worksheet for assignment instructions and data collection
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Don’t forget to answer part one questions of your worksheet separately
Using what you learned on the lab animation, answer the following questions:
- Define a hypothesis that is suggested by the data that are collected in the lab.
- Complete a lab report using the scientific method.
- What effect does the intensity of light have on the rate of photosynthesis (measured as the number of oxygen bubbles)?
- Is it possible to examine the relationship between photosynthesis and cellular respiration under controlled experimental conditions? Explain your answer in detail.
You cannot resubmit your paper for a better grade
Make sure the correct content is under each header
Do not use bullet form
- State the purpose of the lab.
- This is an investigation of what is currently known about the question that is being asked. Use background information from credible references to write a short summary about the concepts in the lab. List and cite references in APA style.
- Hypothesis or Predicted Outcome
- A hypothesis is an educated guess. Based on what you have learned and written about in the introduction, state what you expect to be the results of the lab procedures.
- Use the If–then format
- Summarize the procedures that you used in the lab. The methods section should also state clearly how data (numbers) were collected during the lab; this will be reported in the results or outcome section.
- Name the control variable, independent variable and dependent variable.
- Results or Outcome
- In this section, provide any results or data that were generated while doing the lab procedure.
- Must copy table and write a description of data.
- Discussion and Analysis
- In this section, state clearly whether you obtained the expected results and if the outcome was as expected.
- Note: You can use the lab data to help you discuss the results and what you learned.
- Must state whether you accept or reject the hypothesis
Provide reference list in APA format, include a reference for in-text citations used in the introduction