- Competency 1. Identify variables within structures or institutions that can promote conflict.
- Define conflict in own words.
- Explain the four communication behaviors (or “horsemen”) that lead to destructive conflict.
- Competency 2: Apply theoretical perspectives on conflict.
- Incorporate conflict resolution theory into a conflict analysis.
- Competency 3. Apply appropriate strategies to reduce or resolve conflicts.
- Propose a detailed solution to a conflict.
- Incorporate conflict resolution readings into a conflict analysis.
- Competency 4: Analyze the impact of conflict on relationship-building in face-to-face, virtual, cyber, and group communication.
- Identify, describe, and analyze a conflict situation.
- Competency 5: Evaluate the outcome of proposed strategies for conflict resolution.
- Describe how a conflict was resolved, and evaluate the degree to which this conflict resolution was effective or ineffective.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Communicate effectively through writing, including the proper use of sources and APA style.
(This information will also be used for u10d1.) The purpose of this Adobe Connect project is to apply what you have learned to a conflict that you identify in a domain specific found in the Coleman chapters 46–56.
- Identify, describe, and analyze the conflict in detail. Here are someof the questions to consider.
- Why did you select this chapter? What is it important to you?
- SUSAN WHITE – As a manager labor relations is constantly being worked on. I must be able to resolve conflict quickly without heistation
- Who are the parties involved?
- What are the relationships between the parties?
- What are the issues?
- Is culture a factor in this conflict?
- Is gender a factor in this conflict?
- What emotions are involved in the conflict?
- Identify variables within the institutional structure that may have contributed to this conflict. In other words, how have factors within this structure—especially in relation to the hierarchy of the structure and how the structure itself is structured—contributed to the conflict?
- Discuss how this conflict was resolved (if it was resolved). Describe the strategies that were used to resolve the conflict.
- Evaluate the strategies that were used to resolve this conflict, if any. What worked, and what did not work? Explain why. Discuss any problems that resulted from the fact that the resolution to this conflict was less than ideal.
- Propose a new, detailed strategy for resolving this conflict that you believe would be more effective than the resolution that was reached. Determine what you believe to be the most appropriate way to resolve this conflict. Questions to consider as you develop your new strategy include:
- Did you consider all parties involved?
- Did you anticipate obstacles to your plan?
- Will the parties involved buy into the plan?
- Will the parties involved be satisfied with the outcome?
- What are the alternatives?
Important: Your project must incorporate material from at least three of the five sources you used for your The Significance of Institutional Conflict assignment from Unit 8. In addition, your project should draw upon at least one theory (and preferably more) that was discussed in your textbooks. Demonstrate that you understand what you have read by applying it effectively to discussing your conflict and resolutions to this conflict.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Written Communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA guidelines
- Presentation Requirements: 5–7 minute PowerPoint with visual (graph, graphic, photo, et cetera), using Adobe Connect.
- Sources: Incorporate at least three of the readings you used in The Significance of Institutional Conflict discussion from Unit 8, along with your course textbooks.
- Font and font size:Arial, 14-point or as appropriate for the slide. Avoid crowding the slide with too much text—it should not look like a printed page!
- Remember—you will narrate your slides, so consider using “extra” words as part of your script rather than crowding the information on the slide.