Evaluation of an Evidence-Based Project
Think about the details expressed in your DNP Project Proposal, which was submitted during NURS 8410. In that document, you described your plan for evaluating your DNP Project. Which evaluation method(s) did you select for your project? What new insights associated with the evaluation of your DNP Project have you gained since you developed your DNP Project Proposal?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For this Discussion, you examine your identified evaluation methods and consider how appropriate they now seem for your DNP Project. As you do this, think about principles of evidence-based practice and appropriate theoretical frameworks that relate to this assessment of your evaluation plan. If there are circumstances that prevent you from assessing your DNP Project evaluation plan, you may complete this Discussion using a different evidence-based project.
- Review the examples of evaluation presented in the Miake-Lye et al. and McNabney et al. articles listed in the Learning Resources. Also, consider the evaluation strategies suggested by Dr. Mauk in the Weeks 4 and 5 media presentation.
- Analyze the evaluation plan you developed as part of your DNP Project Proposal. Which evaluation method(s) did you identify for your project?
- If you have already concluded the evaluation phase of your DNP Project, what would you do differently—specific to the evaluation plan—if you could?
- If possible, compare your project with similar evidence-based projects presented in other articles from your review of the literature. Specifically, look at others who had a similar research question or intervention but evaluated it differently. Consider similarities and differences in outcomes of these projects. What insights related to your project does this analysis provide?
- For this Discussion, you may also consider the evaluation of other evidence-based projects implemented in your practicum setting. Discuss this topic with individuals in your practicum setting to strengthen your understanding of the evaluation of these projects.
By tomorrow Wednesday 6/19, write a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format and at least three scholarly references (see list of required readings below) that includes the level one headers as numbered below:
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
1) Describe the strengths and limitations of the evaluation plan for your DNP Project or another evidence-based project.
2) Share insights and opportunities for improvement that can inform future evidence-based projects.
Oermann, M. H., & Hays, J. C. (2016). Writing for publication in nursing (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Chapter 12, “References”
In this chapter, the authors focus on citing references for a manuscript and preparing a reference list.
- Chapter 13, “Tables and Figures”
Chapter 13 supplies guidelines for when to prepare tables and figures and how to develop them.
Continue reading this text as you work on your DNP Project scholarly product for dissemination.
Christenbery, T. L. (2011). Manuscript peer review: A guide for advanced practice nurses. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 23(1), 15–22.
This article describes the peer review process and supplies suggestions for reviewing research-based manuscripts. Use this article as you prepare for Weeks 8 and 9, which focus on disseminating findings through publications.
Miake-Lye, I. M., Amulis, A., Saliba, D., Shekelle, P. G., Volkman, L. K., & Ganz, D. A. (2011). Formative evaluation of the telecare falls prevention project for older veterans. BMC Health Services Research, 11(1), 119–127.
This article details the results of a theory-driven program that was implemented to reduce fall rates at a health care facility.
McNabney, M. K., Willging, P. R., Fried, L. P., & Durso, S. C. (2009). The “continuum of care” for older adults: Design and evaluation of an educational series. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 57(6), 1088–1095.
In this article, the authors detail a 9-week educational series designed to review the evidence-based and practical aspects of implementing key services in the care of older adults.
Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012c). Evaluating an evidence-based practice project. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 4 minutes.
How do you evaluate an evidence-based practice project? In this media segment, Dr. Kris Mauk shares how she evaluated her DNP Project outcomes and provides insights and thought-provoking questions to guide the evaluation process.