A 52-year-old African American male presents to an urgent care center complaining of urinary frequency and nocturia. The symptoms have been present for several months and have increased in frequency over the past week. He has been unable to sleep because of the need to urinate at least hourly all day and night. He does not have a primary care provider and has not seen a doctor in more than 10 years. His father died when he was a child in an automobile accident, and his mother is 79 years old and has hypertension. The patient has no siblings. His social history includes the following: banker by profession, divorced father of two grown children, non-smoker, and occasionally consumes alcohol on weekends only.
- Review Part 13 of the Buttaro et al. text in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the case study and reflect on the information provided about the patient.
- Think about the personal, medical, and family history you need to obtain from the patient in the case study. Reflect on what questions you might ask during an evaluation.
- Consider types of physical exams and diagnostics that might be appropriate for evaluation of the patient in the study.
- Reflect on a possible diagnosis for the patient.
- Review the Marroquin article in this week’s Learning Resources. If you suspect prostate cancer, consider whether or not you would recommend a biopsy.
- Think about potential treatment options for the patient.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now