The purpose of this task is to develop a working knowledge of nursing theory, nursing ethics, and professional accountability and apply these concepts to your professional clinical practice. You will be required to think about real-life scenarios and how they relate to nursing codes in your professional practice.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Explain the functional differences between a regulatory agency, such as a board of nursing, and a professional nursing organization as it pertains to your professional nursing practice.
- Identify two provisions from the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics (available in the web links section below).
- Explain how each provision identified in part B influences your professional nursing practice by using a clinical example.
- Identify four professional traits from the ANA Code of Ethics provisions.
- Explain how you will bring the professional traits identified in part C to an interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals.
- Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your professional practice.
- Explain how this theory fits your professional practice.
- Discuss how the contributions of one historical nursing figure have impacted your professional nursing practice, including modern-day application.
- Describe a real-world situation or hypothetical scenario in which you, as a nurse, protected two of the following principles for the patient:
- respect for autonomy
Note: Do not include confidential patient information (e.g., name, location).
- When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.