DIRECTIONS: Your presentation must include answers to the following questions:
- Why should we be aware of GEMs? How might you use them in your future career?
- List each code assigned and the code or codes that are its equivalent. If the ICD-9 code maps to more than three ICD-10 codes, only list three and note that there are others.
- Discuss each code and its equivalent code(s).
- Do the codes have different descriptions? Give examples.
- Is one code more specific than the other? Give examples.
- Do any of the codes have more than one equivalent or require multiple codes?
- Finally, summarize your assessment of ICD-10, GEM’s, and this assignment as a tool for showing the importance of coding from a billing, health care quality and cost perspective.
Pick one (1) ICD-9-CM code in each section for a total of 3 diagnosis and procedure codes mapped to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes.
Mental Disorders (290–319)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Diseases of the Circulatory System (390–459)
Operations on the nervous system (01-05)