- Customize a personal topic to research by choosing onepopulation from the list below and two risk factors from the second list below. For example, you might choose Teens as a population and Depression and Eating Disorders as risk factors. This will be your “Population at Risk”.
|Populations at Risk Table|
|Risk Factors: choose two||Populations: choose one|
|o Addictiono PTSDo Depressiono Eating Disorderso Chronic paino Chronic illnesso Sedentaryo High stress||o Militaryo Older Adultso Elderlyo Childreno Teenso Pregnant Womeno Homelesso Povertyo Lesbiano Gayo Bisexualo Transgender|
- Include how lifestyle and behavior decisions influence health specific to this population. (CO1)
- Distinguish how culture, diversity, and life stage for this population impact health behavior choices in general. (CO4)
- Develop a health plan to specifically support/coach your chosen population at risk. Include all of the four general ways of improving health behaviors: stress management, physical exercise, nutrition and pain management. Support your recommendations with references to theories, evidence-based practices, and other findings in the research. (CO3, CO5, CO6)
- Recommend a prevention plan, prevention strategies, and treatment plan if the risk factor develops for your chosen population. (CO2, CO6)
This assignment is 30% of your final grade and will be evaluated using the HSC316 Populations at Risk Assignment Rubric, that can be found in the Course Rubrics folder under the Start Here- Course Information Module area in the course
Review the rubric carefully so that you have a full understanding of how you will be evaluated.
This activity assesses the following module outcomes:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Describe the most common effects of becoming a patient in a medical system. (CO1, CO4)
- Describe the importance of self-care and physical activity when dealing with chronic illness. (CO4, CO5)
- Develop strategies for coping with chronic illness. (CO5)
- Recommend prevention plans, prevention strategies, and treatment plans for a specific population. (CO2)
- Write health plan recommendations with references to current theories and evidence-based practices supported in academic research. (CO3)