1. Describe the difference between starch and fiber.
2. How will eating excessive amounts of added sugars affect health?
3. List the benefits of eating more fiber. What are the consequences of eating too much? Too little?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
4. Review your food logs for the last two weeks. Specifically look at grains. Are the majority of your grains WHOLE grain or refined? Are you getting close to the recommended servings or going over? How can you increase healthy WHOLE grains in your diet?
5. What is the most common form of lipid found in food?
6. What are the positive and negative consequences of hydrogenating a fat?
7. Review your food logs for the last two weeks. Do you go over or stay with in your saturated fat allowance? Looking at your food labels, are you consuming any transfat?
Watch HBO Weight of a Nation Part 1 Movie to answer the following questions:
8. At present in the U.S., less than one percent of the population meets all seven criteria for ideal cardiovascular health. Do you know how many you meet? What could you do nutritionally to meet more of them?
There are seven factors for Ideal Cardiovascular Health…
1. Optimal levels of Total Cholesterol
2. Normal Blood Pressure
3. No Diabetes
4. Normal BMI
5. Don’t Smoke
6. Perform Daily Exercise
7. Eat a Healthy Diet
9. Childhood weight problems can lead to complications such as elevated blood pressure and cholesterol, joint problems, type 2 diabetes, gallbladder disease, asthma, depression and anxiety. Currently, how many people in the US (children included) are living with Type II diabetes? You can use the CDC website to get your statistics.
10. Which of the Bogalusa Heart Study findings surprise you (discuss one or two)?